01 October 2007

the game of tag about your man:

Kim at Mommy-logue tagged me for this, and since I've just arrived home from Disney last night, and have accomplished mostly nothing productive all day, I thought I'd post my answers. Hopefully I'll post about our trip in a day or two (after I make it to the grocery store and unload our suitcases and catch up on sleep in my GOOD bed; you get the idea!).

1. Who is your man? “Mr. J” per my blog nicknames. :)
2. How long have you been together? Married for 10 years this week, but we met in High School, and had a few crushes that were never simultaneous our senior year.
3. How long did you date? Well, technically, only for a couple months between my freshman and sophomore year in college. Then, I ended things for a variety of reasons, and by spring he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me (statement of intent, not a proposal, that came the next year), but I moved out of the state 6 weeks later for a full year (thus his urgency in sharing his heart) then I planned a wedding when I moved home.
4. How old is your man? 31
5. Who eats more? That depends on the meal and the mood and if I’m pregnant or nursing. Too much variety to that question!
6. Who said "I love you" first? I believe he did. I’m trying to remember the occasion. . .
7. Who is taller? He is.
8. Who sings better? Most definitely he sings better. No doubting it since my son recently tried to teach me how to sing . . . ahem.
9. Who is smarter? He says I am, I say he is. I think we’re both pretty darn smart: we married each other!
10. Whose temper is worse? Uh, mine.
11. Who does the laundry? Me. He pitches in occasionally, and messes up my system which frustrates me, but I know he’s only trying to help out. He’s GOOD at helping out. I’m keeping him!
12. Who takes out the garbage? He does. I do the reminding.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I always wonder about this question; I assume it refers to the right side when you LOOK at the bed, not when you sit in/lie on your back in the bed, correct? If it is indeed when you LOOK at the bed, he does. We’re thinking about switching sides, though. Haha!!
14. Who pays the bills? I do! (Except during the cycles when I force him to participate so he gets a reality check on what's up in the accounting department in our family.)
15. Who is better with the computer? He is.
16. Who mows the lawn? He has until this past month when we hired someone to do it. Thank goodness.
17. Who cooks dinner? It varies. These days, I loathe cooking and often don’t have much appetite even though my morning sickness is gone, so he has to do more than usual which is hard when it’s past the kid’s meal time. Can we say carry-out?
18. Who drives when you are together? Typically, he drives, but sometimes I do.
19. Who pays when you go out? He does.
20. Who is most stubborn? Uh, probably me, but we can share that job. Ha.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Most likely him, but again, we take turns.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. And told me he wanted to because he did not feel like getting hit if his timing was bad. . .I’d never kissed anyone before, and he knew it was an important point to me.
24. Who asked who out? He asked me out. We had a friend along (who I credit with our introduction a few years prior), so our first “date” was kind of unofficial. However, we were supposed to see Nell and it was no longer playing, and we had to settle for Dumb and Dumber. I’ve loathed that movie and Jim Carey ever since. NOT a good first date movie, but I still liked the man who took me.
25. Who proposed? He did. At a waterfall when I was home visiting from Seattle. I moved home sooner than planned to marry the man!
26. Who is more sensitive? That can vary, too!
27. Who has more friends? Me.
28. Who has more siblings? We each have one: he has a sister, I have a brother.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? “And the two shall be one. . .” I’d say we share a pair. :)

1 comment:

kim said...

I enjoyed reading about you two!! And thanks for emailing me that whole story awhile ago; sorry i haven't responded yet! But thank you for taking the time to explain! We should email more often...(: (or I mean, I should reply faster...haha)