28 August 2012

castles in the air

Last week, we finished our school year for 2011-2012.  And next week we begin again, according to my year-round rhythm of learning that keeps things sane in our house.  Fridays are still our day off, and the occasional week for holidays and having not gotten too far behind.

In the midst of filing my Declaration of Intent to homeschool again this year, I acknowledged the boringness of our school's name: "[Last name] Homeschool".  I was ready for a fresh start and a fresh outlook.  After much pondering (and encouragement from some facebook friends), I've found one that I like and a quote to go with it.  In theory, this will be printed and put in a place to remind us all that we're going the right direction....



Sandcastle Academy

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be.  Now put the foundations over them."
-Henry David Thoreau


No comments: